Over the course of six months, Ideal Business Partners and Las Vegas HEALS want to give you the tools to overhaul your practice from one that makes you put out fires to one that lets you be the chief: Kicking back in a recliner with a Dalmatian while everyone else swings the hoses around.
Healthcare providers are awesome. They’re brilliant people who have a laser-like focus on their patients. But often, they’re so focused on patients that they don’t take a step back and think about how to run their business like a proper business.
In the Medical Business Academy series, we want to give you the tools to take a big-picture look at your business and learn how to get the most out of your practice. That way, you can get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Or, if we’re sticking with the firefighter metaphor, the pot of chili back at the station house.
Each hour-long class takes you through critical components of running your healthcare practice like a business, in a classroom setting with a lecture and Q&A session at the end. Every class also has supplemental reading to buttress concepts we touch on—letting you dig deeper on your own time.
Classes will be held at on the second and fourth Friday of every month, starting March 10, at UNLV’s Clinical Simulation Center. That’s on the Shadow Lane campus, Building B.
Sign up today at Las Vegas HEALS or call us at 702-952-2477 to register.
The Medical Business Academy Lineup
- Simple Math: How to Understand and Increase Your Practice’s Enterprise Value. March 10. Supplemental Reading: The E-Myth Physician: Why Most Medical Practices Don’t Work and What to Do About it.
- Have You Met the Dark Overlord? Why Cyberattacks Are the Most Dangerous Thing You’re Not Worried About, and How to Play Defense. March 24. Supplemental Reading: The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable.
- The Care and Feeding of Your Professionals: Managing Lawyers, Accountants and Other Professionals. April 14.
- A Baker’s Dozen: The 13 Financial Reports Your Accountant Should be Giving You Each Month, but Probably Isn’t (and How to Ask for Them). April 28. Supplemental Reading: The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference.
- The $650,000 iPhone: Why the New HIPAA Can Cost You More Than You Think, and a Whole Lot Less. May 12. Supplemental Reading: Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets.
- Getting the Brand Back Together: Why Brand Management Is the Most Important Thing You’re Not Doing. May 26. Supplemental Reading: Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant.
- Doing Yourself a Favor: How to Refer to Your Own Practice, Stark Free. June 9. Supplemental Reading: The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business.
- Sharing Is Caring: Taking Advantage of Partnerships Without Kicking Back. June 23. Supplemental Reading: Abundance: The Future Is Better than You Think
- Billing and Insurance: What I’ve Learned in Thirty Years of Practice. July 14.
- The Business of Your Business: How Employing Formal Corporate Governance Will Save You Money. July 28. Supplemental Reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action.
- The Life You Save May Be Your Own: How Modern Staffing Is About More Than the Staff. August 11. Supplemental Reading: The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace.
- Crossing the Streams: How to Add Additional Revenues for Fun and Profit. August 25. Supplemental Reading: Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain.
- Getting out of the Seat: Working on Your Business, Not in it. September 8. Supplemental Reading: Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain.
- All the Right Parts in All the Right Places: How Misallocation of Resources is Slowly Killing Your Practice. September 22. Supplemental Reading: The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting Things Done.
- Please Proceed Toward the Exits: The Time to Start Thinking About Retirement Was Five Years Ago, and How to Catch up Quickly. October 13. Supplemental Reading: Managing for Results.